Updated information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and vaccines
1. Multi-pronged measures to increase COVID-19 vaccination uptake
The Secretary for the Civil Service, Mr Patrick Nip, said that the Government will take multi-pronged measures to increase the uptake and pace of COVID-19 vaccination, which includes increasing the number of vaccination booths at Community Vaccination Centres (CVCs) and Hospital COVID-19 Vaccination Stations (HCVSs), to cater for the public’s demand for vaccination.
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202201/07/P2022010700565.htm
2. Government continues to increase COVID-19 vaccination uptake through various channels
The Government will continue to increase COVID-19 vaccination uptake through various channels to cater for the public’s demand for vaccination and to expedite the pace of vaccination.
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202201/10/P2022011000459.htm
3. COVID-19 vaccination walk-in service of DH’s Elderly Health Centres to expand starting January 10
The Department of Health (DH) announced that three Elderly Health Centres (EHCs) expands their COVID-19 vaccination service to provide walk-in vaccination with the CoronaVac vaccine for all persons aged 65 or above on January 10, in order to encourage and facilitate the elderly in receiving COVID-19 vaccination.
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202201/07/P2022010700268.htm
4. Government tightens boarding and quarantine requirements for places with Omicron cases detected
In view of the latest global developments of the COVID-19 pandemic situation, the places listed below will be specified as Group A specified places to tighten the boarding and quarantine requirements for relevant inbound travellers.
· Grenada, Mauritania and Mayotte from 0.00am on January 9
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202201/06/P2022010600560.htm
· Iraq from 0.00am on January 10
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202201/07/P2022010700494.htm
· Antigua and Barbuda, Bolivia, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Gambia, Laos and Mongolia from 0.00am on January 11
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202201/08/P2022010800477.htm
· Solomon Islands from 0.00am on January 12
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202201/09/P2022010900428.htm
· Uzbekistan from 0.00am on January 13
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202201/10/P2022011000521.htm
5. 45th round of compulsory testing for staff members of RCHEs, RCHDs and nursing homes to commence shortly
The Government announced that the 45th round of compulsory testing for staff members of residential care homes for the elderly (RCHEs), residential care homes for persons with disabilities (RCHDs) and nursing homes will commence shortly.
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202201/07/P2022010600449.htm
More information on COVID-19 vaccines: