Updated information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and vaccines
1. Further expansion of COVID-19 vaccination arrangements from January 1
The Government announced that the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme will be further expanded starting from January 1, 2022. The arrangements are as follows:
* extension of the opening hours of nine of the 10 Community Vaccination Centres (CVCs) to enable members of the public to receive a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine;
* provision of a third dose vaccination service to all eligible persons who have received two doses of the BioNTech vaccine with the second dose received six months ago;
* provision of a second dose vaccination service to persons who have recovered from previous COVID-19 infection; and
* provision of a second dose BioNTech vaccination service to persons aged 12 to 17.
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202112/24/P2021122400509.htm
2. Scientific Committees under CHP update consensus interim recommendations on use of Comirnaty vaccine
The Scientific Committee on Vaccine Preventable Diseases and the Scientific Committee on Emerging and Zoonotic Diseases under the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health (JSC) convened a meeting, joined by the Chief Executive’s expert advisory panel (EAP), to discuss and update consensus interim recommendations on the use of Comirnaty vaccine in Hong Kong.
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202112/23/P2021122300757.htm
3. Government tightens boarding and quarantine requirements for places with Omicron cases detected
In view of the latest global developments of the COVID-19 pandemic situation, the places listed below will be specified as Group A specified places to tighten the boarding and quarantine requirements for relevant inbound travellers.
· Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Saint Martin (French part) and Venezuela from 0.00am on December 26
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202112/23/P2021122300550.htm
· Réunion and Serbia from 0.00am on December 27
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202112/24/P2021122400627.htm
· Albania, Jamaica and North Macedonia from 0.00am on December 29
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202112/26/P2021122600494.htm
· The Dominican Republic, Kosovo and Malta from 0.00am on December 30
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202112/27/P2021122700546.htm
4. 43rd round of compulsory testing for staff members of RCHEs, RCHDs and nursing homes to commence shortly
The Government announced that the 43rd round of compulsory testing for staff members of residential care homes for the elderly (RCHEs), residential care homes for persons with disabilities (RCHDs) and nursing homes will commence shortly.
For details, refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/…/202112/24/P2021122300433.htm
More information on COVID-19 vaccines: